The Mira-cle Fund is funded by our online auction, Fun Day raffles or it comes from private donors. People like yourself who reach out to care for someone else's Havanese so that they can have the chance to live a longer, healthier life.
The Mira-cle fund has been funded by portions of our online Auctions. You can send your donations directly for the Mira-cle fund by clicking on the link above. Donors will be recognized in this category as updated. You can also help by hosting a Fun Day and raffling or auction items that benefit the Mira-cle Fund.
Our heartfelt thanks go out to all our volunteers and supporters.
The Mira-cle Fund
It was 2006 when Lu Wyland's Havanese "Mira" was diagnosed with cancer. The outpouring of love from the Havanese community was awespiring. If we had one wish then it would have been for Mira to spend at least 15 more years with Lu. If we could have just one wish today it would be that every Havanese live beyond it's 15 years of expectancy, and that not one more is ever lost to illness. That maybe two wishes but if we are wishing why stop at one? Mira, " Our Mira Deara" miraculously brought us all together as we all shared the same fear, passion and love for this breed. Mira became "our" Havanese. Lu we are forever thankful that you shared your very most private moments, and your most special girl with all of us - she touched so many of us, in so many ways...
The "Mira-cle Fund" was created so that in the unfortunate event that a club members Havanese becomes ill and the family is burdened by medical bills the fund will be there to help. We wanted the guidelines to be simple but to be able to help those really in need. Those that if it were not for this fund would be unable to pay for the expenses or even worse give up, or lose their Havanese. To see if you qualify for funding please review the following six simple steps:
1. Must be a club member in good standing for at least two consecutive years.
2. Valid to pet owners not breeding.
3. Valid after the first $1,000 out of pocket is spent by owner.
4. Up to $500 payable directly to Veterinarian per dog, per incident.
5. Complete Care credit application. The care credit card covers medical expenses with no interest. If the applicant meets the above criteria and is denied for care credit, or if approved the applicant can prove that in spite of care credit the funds are necessary.
6. A photo must be provided for newsletter and a release accompanied to share their story.
This website is owned by the Independent Havanese Club. Please obtain written permission before using any pictures or
Please contact the webmaster to report errors and update information.